Who Are We?
Powered by technology and compassionate design, Parachute has reimagined the plasma donation experience into one that is easier and friendlier. Using a simple app, our members can book donations and track earnings from the palm of their hand. In using a tech-forward approach, we’re able to offer each member a highly personable and best-in-class experience that’s consistent at each and every visit.
Our vision is to introduce an elevated plasma donation experience that’s grounded in convenience to markets with smaller populations. This model allows us to positively impact the industry supply chain and help patients gain access to the medication they need.
Come join us as we help the world gain access to more plasma - one donation at a time.
What You’ll Do
The Physician Substitute (PS) works under guidance and general oversight of Center Medical/Lab Director and senior management. The Physician Substitute manages donor medical needs on-site at the Donor Center level and ensures compliance with all applicable policies and regulations. This role is intrinsically linked to Parachute’s donor-centric mission and you will have an opportunity to be a part of an agile, passionate, and fast-growing team.
- Educate the potential donor on the plasmapheresis process and what to expect, as well as, educate the donor on the use of the plasma and how important the safety is of the product for the recipient of the product.
- Maintain confidentiality of donor and staff records.
- Evaluate donors by performing physical examinations and taking medical and health histories under supervision of Center Medical/Lab Director. These evaluations will be in accordance with FDA approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), OHSA, CLIA, cGMP and all other applicable State and Federal guidelines.
- Counsel donors on deferrals due to test results, suitability as a donor and any other health deferral rationale.
- Perform evaluations of any history of illness or medications to ensure donor suitability. The PS will review and evaluate donor screening information to ensure eligibility to donate.
- Attend to major reactions as well as evaluate donor injuries. Also be responsible for maintaining medical supplies in exam rooms and keeping the exam rooms clean and sanitized. PS will work with Quality Manager and Center Manager to make sure the staff is practicing universal precautions and wearing personal protective equipment.
- Maintain medical communication logs with Center Medical/Lab Director. PS will review all normal and abnormal test results in determination of donor suitability.
- Responsible for medical issues in the donor center and may review complex cases with Center Medical/Lab Director.
- Responsible for the Hepatitis B program for staff employees.
Who Are You?
- A natural leader with character and integrity.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, warm, positive, and personable.
- Lifelong learner with a growth mindset.
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to express ideas and give direction clearly and swiftly.
- Educated and currently certified/licensed in the state of employment and according to state requirements as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Advanced Emergency Medical Technician or equivalent.
- Current CPR Certification
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience in a GMP environment with plasma or whole blood experience preferred but may also review candidate with related experience in a clinical setting providing medical care and assessing patients.
- Physical: Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, pull, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Company paid holidays
- Career growth opportunities