Human Resource Generalist at Austin
Who Are We?
Powered by technology and compassionate design, Parachute has reimagined the plasma donation experience into one that is easier and friendlier. Using a simple app, our members can book donations and track earnings from the palm of their hand. In using a tech-forward approach, we’re able to offer each member a highly personable and best-in-class experience that’s consistent at each and every visit.
Our vision is to introduce an elevated plasma donation experience that’s grounded in convenience to markets with smaller populations. This model allows us to positively impact the industry supply chain and help patients gain access to the medication they need.
Come join us as we help the world gain access to more plasma - one donation at a time.
What You’ll Do
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department, including talent acquisition, onboarding, administering benefits, employee relations, employee performance, offboarding, and enforcing company policies and practices. The HR Generalist will work with internal teams on orientation, performance management, culture initiatives, and travel coordination. This role is intrinsically linked to Parachute’s donor-centric mission and you will have an opportunity to be a part of and lead an agile, passionate, and fast-growing team.
Human Resource Management
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Administer new hires/changes/terminations, and other related employment action items, and administer HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Collaborate in the development, execution, and iteration of new HR programs & initiatives, including (but not limited to): Orientation and Onboarding, Employee Relations, Rewards and Recognition, Talent Acquisition, and Performance Management.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs.
- Ensure all employee records are maintained and updated with new hire information or changes in employment status.
- Communicate with employees and managers regarding employee relations concerns; provides guidance, coaching and recommendations for resolution of issues.
- Coordinate travel for employees during initial training period.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
Who Are You?
- A natural leader with character and integrity.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, warm, positive, and personable.
- Lifelong learner with a growth mindset.
- Strong HR administration and people management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and project management skills with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Strong strategic communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to express ideas and give direction clearly and swiftly.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience as described in Essential Functions may be substituted for the Bachelor’s
- Three (3) years of HR experience required.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
- Advanced PC knowledge, experience with MS Office, SharePoint, HRIS, Payroll, Recruiting software preferred.
- Ability to travel by plane and/or car on occasion.
- Physical: Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, pull, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Auditory and visual acuity.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Company paid holidays
- Career growth opportunities