Phlebotomist at Paris
Who Are We?
Powered by technology and compassionate design, Parachute has reimagined the plasma donation experience into one that is easier and friendlier. Using a simple app, our members can book donations and track earnings from the palm of their hand. In using a tech-forward approach, we’re able to offer each member a highly personable and best-in-class experience that’s consistent at each and every visit.
Our vision is to introduce an elevated plasma donation experience that’s grounded in convenience to markets with smaller populations. This model allows us to positively impact the industry supply chain and help patients gain access to the medication they need.
Come join us as we help the world gain access to more plasma - one donation at a time.
What You’ll Do
The Phlebotomist will be responsible for performing venipuncture for plasmapheresis and providing quality service in the course of their duties. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and regulations. This role is intrinsically linked to Parachute’s donor-centric mission, and you will have an opportunity to be a part of an agile, passionate, and fast-growing team.
Essential Functions and Expectations
- Provide good customer service. This includes engaging, educating, and attending to the donors throughout the donation process highlighting the positive impact the donation.
- Identify donor reactions and monitor collection devices Assist in determining the suitability of donors to undergo plasmapheresis prior to venipuncture.
- Perform all activities on the donor floor including donor setup, disconnect, phlebotomy, documentation of procedures, donor reactions, and all calibrations Perform pre-donation medical screening in accordance with established guidelines.
- Effectively communicate donor medical information to the Physician Substitute as needed.
- Maintain donor confidentiality.
- Clean blood spills, maintain equipment through calibrations and proper documentation, and ensure proper cleaning of equipment in all areas.
- Be responsible for general administrative duties including greeting donors in a friendly manner, answering phones, and assisting management and quality as needed.
Who Are You?
- Enthusiastic, energetic, warm, positive, and personable.
- Lifelong learner with a growth mindset.
- Must be proficient with computers, strong time management abilities, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal regulations through the use of approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ability to work under pressure; meet inflexible deadlines; set priorities; deal diplomatically with difficult individuals; ability to manage multiple workflows; and work independently. Adherence to the highest ethical standards is essential.
- Graduation from high school with a diploma or acquired an equivalent GED. Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy certificate preferred.
- Medical background preferred with two (2) 2 years’ experience in customer service.
- Physical: Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, pull, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Company paid holidays
- Career growth opportunities